Dear Westcreek Village Resident,
The Harris County MUD 264 will be providing all water customers in our district with enhanced information and capabilities to manage their water consumption with the goal of improved water conservation. To that end, the Board has decided to upgrade every water meter in the district to an Automatic Meter Reader or “AMR” meter.
The installation of AMR meters is scheduled to begin in October and will take several months to complete. Once the installation is complete, you will receive additional information on how to access and utilize the capabilities of your AMR meter.
Over the coming months, you will see a greater presence of INFRAMARK vehicles and employees throughout Westcreek as INFRAMARK replaces each meter. INFRAMARK employees and vehicles are always readily identifiable. All INFRAMARK employees have a name badge with a photo.
Below is information regarding what to expect during your water meter upgrade:
- During meter installation, your water service may be interrupted for roughly 30 – 60 minutes.
- INFRAMARK employees will never need to enter your residence.
- An INFRAMARK employee will knock on your door prior to replacing your meter to inform you that your water may be shut off. He or she will be able to answer any questions you have about the installation.
- If the present time is an extreme inconvenience for you, please provide an optional time within 24 hours to interrupt your water service.
- If no one answers the door at your residence, INFRAMARK will observe the water meter for current water flow and determine the optimal time to interrupt service and change the meter.
- When installation is complete, INFRAMARK will leave a door hanger summarizing their work.
Please work with the INFRAMARK representative. While our objective is to minimize inconvenience to each customer, having to reschedule meter change-outs will delay the project. Keeping your old meter is not an option, all existing water meters will be replaced with AMR meters.
Once all water meters in the district have been upgraded, you will receive information on how to access and utilize the capabilities of your new AMR meter.
Additional information on the AMR program is available on our website www.hcmud264.org. For specific questions about your water account, contact INFRAMARK at (281) 579-4500.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement new technology that will aid in water conservation.
Harris County MUD 264 Board of Directors